We are almost halfway through 2020 and I have more time than ever to read this year! I’m starting this list earlier this time and updating as I go. I also am on GoodReads, find me. I got a new Kindle and am loving using the Libby App to get books free.
If you didn’t see my post from 2019, definitely check there first for some of my all-time favorites.
- Can’t find anything I’m loving in this genre this year, all I’ve read are under 3 stars so far.
- Untamed Four Stars – this author definitely has a liberating and unique perspective on the role women must play in society.
- Reading With Patrick Five stars – this hit close to home as it is a memoir of a TFA teacher in Helena, AR and her grappling with the criminal justice system in the south
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo: A Novel Five Stars – Gripping all the way through!
- Daisy Jones & The Six: A Novel Five Stars – I can’t wait to see this movie come out!
- Long, Bright River Five Stars – WOW this was such an interesting story!
- Verity – Five Stars – Captivating, quick read thriller
- Small, Great Things – Five Stars – incredibly telling novel from the perspective of a black woman and white supremacist in a legal battle. Gripping
- A Good Neighborhood – Five Stars – another read centered around race, very frustrating to read but learned a lot
- The Sun Down Motel – Five Stars – straight up solid thriller, quick read
- It Ends with Us – Five Stars – a great read (about abuse), I was hooked
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things – frustrating but interesting read about drug rings + pedophelia
- Such a Fun Age – overall solid read that makes you re-examine how you think about race
Books I wasn’t as into (3 Stars or Less or Never Finished):
Feel free to ask me my opinions on these! Overall were enough to read, but not enough to leave a lasting impression and keep me thinking for weeks after.
- The Idea of You
- Red, White and Royal Blue
- The Light We Lost
- When Breath Becomes Air
- Nine Perfect Strangers
- Park Avenue Summer
- The Kiss Quotient
- Everything, Everything
- The Guest List
- My Oxford Year
- Clap When You Land
- American Dirt
- Big Summer
- The Woman in Cabin 10
- The Vanishing Half
- New Waves
- Good Girls Lie
- Normal People
- A Discovery of Witches
- Party of Two
- My Sister’s Keeper
- All the Bright Places
- Teachers vs. Tech
- Hidden Valley Road
- The Lies that Bind