I read a lot this year! I thought I’d compile a list of books I would recommend to a friend this year.
Top Three Overall:
- Daring Greatly (any Brene Brown) – I listened to this on Audible and could re-read it so many times!
- Talking to Strangers (any Malcolm Gladwell) – I’m def a Malcolm Gladwell junkie. While I didn’t think it was his best work, I did learn a ton while listening to it! (I prefer his audiobooks as well).
- I Miss You When I Blink Loved this book of essays about transitioning to a new phase in life.
- Can’t Hurt Me I’m almost done with this Audible but am stretching it out! Honestly a life-changing story and so motivational.
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone Another book I savored this year. An incredibly fresh perspective on therapy and self-acceptance
- Educated Including this because it definitely lived up to the hype
- An American Marriage This book should have received far more attention than it did. A truly captivating, relevant story.
- The Woman in The Window My favorite suspense/mystery novel of this year!
- The Proposal, The Wedding Date, The Wedding Party – Jasmine Gilloury is the perfect book to take on a weekend away. You can finish her books in 24 hours – they are light, easy and uplifting. I didn’t love Royal Holiday as much as the others so leaving it off the list.
- One Day in December Also a great weekend read that you don’t have to think too hard about.
2017-2018 Books Worth Including if you haven’t read yet
- Bad Blood My favorite non-fiction read of 2018!
- Where the Crawdads Sing What’s a book list without this novel because if you still haven’t read it what are you even doing
- Elenor Oliphant and The Rosie Project Narrators that are just so endearing and unique
- Little Fires Everywhere def read in advance of the new TV series coming out!
- Tiny, Beautiful Things I will never make a book list without this book because it is my favorite book of all time and of course I read it a 4985048309th time this year.