As I prepared for my wedding, I wanted to diet – hard. Here’s some of my favorite foods to eat while I was cutting weight. I was able to loose 12 pounds in about 3 weeks. I looked for foods that were high in protein, low in carbs, and low in fats. I know that those work well for MY body. I’ve tried to lose weight many ways, basically for most of my life, and these are some of the foods that work when I am trying to cut weight. Just to clarify, I do NOT try to diet for more than 1 month at a time, nor do I do it often.
I track my macros on My Fitness Pal. Personally my macros are 150P, 70F, 70C.
My favorite protein bar, by far. I usually have half of one after dinner/before bed.
Lavash Roll Ups
These are clutch! Can also use as a flatbread 🙂
Light Cheddar Cheese
Wow! Low in fat and sustains the taste more than I thought
Changed my coffee sweetener and I’m all about this!
These are my go-to snack. I try not to eat protein bars during the day and want to eat real food with veggies. They are SO filling and have veggies!
This new find is incredible! Higher in protein and made with veggies
- My recipe: 1 scoop protein, almond milk, ice, dark sweet cherries
Boom Chicka Pop
I love the sweet+salty popcorn and it curbs my sweet tooth!
- When necessary, I’ve had success with Wendy’s and Panera salads!
An example day of eating for me is:
- 7am – coffee w half and half + stevia
- 9am – protein shake (no carbs only 1/4 cup fruit)
- 11am – small salad (just dressing+lettuce) or veggie tots
- 1pm – lavash wrap, deli meat, sauce
- 4pm – grilled veggies, grilled meat, 1/2 cup right rice
- 7pm – half protein bar
In addition, I try to walk/bike for 60 minutes a day, and workout/lift for 30.