- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 package andouille sausage
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- Half of a diced green pepper
- Half of a diced red or yellow onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained (optional!)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Olive oil
You will need two skillets or a skillet and a dutch oven.
- In one skillet (or dutch oven), sauté onions and peppers in olive oil until translucent
- In another skillet, at the same time, sauté chicken tenders with olive oil and a little salt + pepper. As the tenders finish, use your spatula to chop in smaller pieces.
- Toss the cooked chicken into the onion and pepper mixture. Keep this on medium heat.
- Then, brown the sausage and also add that into the other skillet.
- To the large mixture, add the cajun seasoning, tomatoes, broth — bring to a boil.
- Last, add the rice. Cover for 20-25 minutes on low heat on the stovetop, stirring occasionally.
Makes 4-6 servings.