Kodiak Cakes – the magic ingredient! High in protein and whole grains, low in price. I use the mix constantly – besides pancakes, here are 3 of my favorite ways to make it!
I usually combine KC mix with my favorite protein when baking. I find that eating more protein keeps me full for longer. I use 3 types of protein on a daily basis –
- Collagen in the morning (better hair, skin and nails)
- Whey after a workout (better recovery)
- Casein before bed (slow-digesting, distributes protein while body is at rest and helps me with my sleep)
In the recipe below, you can substitute or leave out the proteins, they are totally optional!
If you are traveling and need an on-the-go option, I also love their oatmeal, muffin and pancake cups, though they are way pricier per serving than making it yourself.
- 1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes Pancake + Waffle Mix
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Casein (or whey)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup plus 2 TBS water (ish)
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips
- Serving Size: 2
- Protein per Serving: 24g
- Carbs per Serving: 22g
- Fats per Serving: 5.5g
- Mix up all ingredients, adding enough water slowly so it is thick and moist, but stop before it gets soupy. I use a more shallow bowl versus a mug personally. Microwave for 2 minutes. Add raspberries and chocolate chips, then microwave an additional minute.